I’ve got a great afternoon lined up for this Sunday. Come and join me and spice up your life. The Garden Convivium – that’s the South Dublin and Wicklow ‘branch’ of the wonderful Slow Food movement, in conjunction with wine importers Febvre, have organized ‘The Spice Mantraa’, an exciting event that includes a drinks reception; a 5-course feast of Indian food, with matched wines; a talk on Indian culinary history; a cooking demo; an introduction to spices – including their use for medicinal purposes and a whole host of other delights. ‘Goody bags’ to take away, too. The event commences at 1.30, at new Indian restaurant Mantraa, 123 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2.
Organiser Hermione Winters tells me there are still some places available – cost €55 or €45 to Slow Food members – you can join on the day and save a tenner. mailto:email@example.com to book.
Here’s the full programme:
“The Spice Mantraa”
1. Drinks Reception with light snacks
2. Introduction to Indian Food – North, East, West and South Indian food habits and traditions
3. Introduction to spices and their various uses – Includes display of spices and demonstration
4. Ayurvedic Importance and medicinal usage of the different spices
5. Food @ Mantraa and how we are unique
6. Introduction to Tandoor
7. Live demo of Chicken Tikka Starters, Chicken Tikka Masala Mains and Naan Bread
8. Briefing on popular dishes – Chicken Tikka Masala, Lamb Rogan Josh and Meen Moilee
9. Question and Answer Session
10. Mantraa Special 5-Course Meal – Amuse Bouche -> Starter -> Soup -> Mains -> Dessert, including matching alcohol with spices
11. Conclusion session
a. Summary of the session in writing
b. Few Sample Recipes
c. Mantraa Gift bags to take-away: Small spice bags/marination kits with recipes included.